Sign up now and get your first 9 weeks for $99.
We'll even give you a free uniform.
Offer only valid for new students.
Taekwondo is an empty-hand combat form that entails the use of the whole body. Tae means "to kick" or "smash with the feet". Kwon implies "punching" or "destroying with the hand or fist." and Do means "way" or "method."
"Taekwondo thus, is the technique of unarmed combat for self-defense that involves the skillful application of techniques that include punching, jumping kicks, blocks, dodges, parrying actions with hands and feet. It is more than a mere physical fighting skill, representing as it does a way of thinking and a pattern of life requiring strict discipline. It is a system of training both the mind and the body in which great emphasis is placed on the development of the trainee's moral character."
- Definition from Comprehensive Asian Fighting Arts by Donn F. Draeger and Robert W. Smith
As with many other martial arts, it combines combat techniques, self-defense, sport, exercise, meditation, and philosophy. In 1989, Taekwondo was claimed as the world's most popular martial art in terms of number of practitioners.
HALLELUJAH TAEKWONDO offers quality martial arts instruction for all ages.
Grandmaster Mr. Chae Jung Yoon
- Black belt rated, 7th degree, Taekwondo
- Scoring referee for the Kukkiwon Dan Certificate
- 17 years of experience of training in Taekwondo
- Master's degree, Taekwondo (Physical Education) from Kyunghee University Graduate School
- Holds a high school teaching credential